6. Sorting messages
By default, messages in your Inbox, and in other folders, are arranged by date, with
the newest message at the top. OWA provides many other ways to arrange messages,
which can help you to find a particular message or group of messages when you want
to. To change the arrangement of messages, use the options that you can see under the
[Arrange by Date] and
[Newest on top].
- Sort messages by the date (and time) when they were received
- Sort messages alphabetically by sender
- Sort messages alphabetically by recipient - most useful for sorting your Sent Items
- Sort messages by their size including any attachments
- Sort messages alphabetically by subject line. (Where the subject line begins with "Re:" or "Fwd:" this is ignored for sorting.)
- Sort messages into types - separates non-email items such as meeting requests
- Sorts messages depending on whether they have an attachment
- Sorts messages by importance - low, normal and high. The importance is set by the sender.
- Flag Due Date
- Sorts messages according to the "Due date" assigned to them
- Flag Start Date
- Sorts messages according to the "Start date" assigned to them
- Group messages by thread - messages and replies appear together. Conversation mode has to be selected by Ticking the box.