4. Sorting messages
By default, messages in your inbox, and in other folders, are sorted by date, with the newest message at the top. OWA provides many other ways to sort messages, which can help you to find a particular message or group of messages when you want to.
To re-sort messages, click on the label
Arrange by: at the top of the
message list (see Figure 12, Sort messages). You can then select a sort option
from the list below:
- Sort messages by the date (and time) when they were received
- Group messages by thread - messages and replies appear together. Each thread or
"Conversation" can be collapsed by clicking on the
[+]next to it.
- Sort messages alphabetically by sender
- Sort messages alphabetically by recipient - most useful for sorting your Sent Items
- Sort messages by their size including any attachments
- Sort messages alphabetically by subject line. Where the subject line begins with "Re:" or "Fwd:", this is ignored for sorting
- Sort messages into types - separates non-email items such as meeting requests
- Sorts messages depending on whether they have an attachment
- Sorts messages by importance - low, normal and high. The importance is set by the sender.
- Flag Due Date
- Sorts messages according to the "Due date" assigned to them (see 5.1. Setting Flags)
- Flag Start Date
- Sorts messages according to the "Start date" assigned to them (see 5.1. Setting Flags)
The sort order is shown next to the name of the sorting scheme, and you can reverse the order by clicking on the label (e.g. see Figure 13, Reverse the order of your messages).