8. Filtering Emails
The University email servers will automatically intercept some junk mail (commonly called spam) before it reaches you, in particular, emails containing malware (programs or documents which are damaging, intrusive or annoying to the recipient). You can read more about how it works at http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/email/junkmail/.
In OWA, click
Options (top right of the screen) and then choose
Junk E-Mail to open the Filtering options screen (Figure 18, Junk Email filtering
- Safe Senders List
- Specify the addresses of any senders whose messages should not be considered spam (sometimes known as whitelist).
- Also trust e-mail from my Contacts
- Select this option to include address in your personal Contacts list as safe senders
- Blocked Senders List
- Specify the addresses of any senders whose messages should always be considered spam (sometimes known as blacklist).
- Safe Recipients List
- Specify any To: addresses for which you want to disable filtering, for example, if you are forwarding mail from another server which is already spam-filtered, or if you never want to delete messages sent to you via a particular mailing list.
- Treat all e-mail as junk unless...
- This specifies that all messages should be filtered to your Junk mail folder, unless they come from someone in your Safe Senders List, are sent to someone in your Safe Recipients lists, or come from senders within the University.