3. Sorting messages
By default, messages in your inbox, and in other folders, are sorted by date, with the newest message at the top. OWA provides several other ways to sort messages, which can help you to find a particular message or group of messages when you want to.
- Sort messages by importance - low, normal and high. The importance is set by the sender.
- Sort messages into types - separates non-email items such as meeting requests
- Sort messages depending on whether they have an attachment
- Sort messages alphabetically by sender
- Sort messages alphabetically by subject line. Where the subject line begins with "Re:" or "Fwd:", this is ignored for sorting
- Sort messages by the date (and time) when they were received
- Sort messages by their size including any attachments
You can see which column your messages are sorted on, by looking for a small arrow next to the column heading. For example, in Figure 9, Sorting messages, messages are sorted by subject.