1. What can we do for you?
This page presents a brief description of the many and varied IT services
provided by NSMS, with links to further pages giving more details about each
- Windows, Linux, and Apple OS X server management is available.
Virtual Infrastructure Consultancy
- NSMS offers a consultancy and management service to support
departments or colleges using virtualisation technology in their
- VM for Rent Service
- The VM for Rent service has now been superseded by the Hosted VMs
service within the Private Cloud, one of the Shared
Infrastructure Services. All existing clients will be
migrated to the Hosted VMs service in due course.
Mac Managed Platform
- This service provides colleges and departments who wish to work in an
Apple environment with a highly integrated, reliable and resilient
desktop environment to support research and administrative tasks.
Workstation Management Service
- NSMS offers a wide range of affordable services which aim to improve
Windows and Mac OS X workstation security and to simplify their day to
Comprehensive Web Hosting
- If you are one of the many University Departments and Colleges that
host their Web sites on the OUCS Web servers, you may have wondered how
best to implement more advanced options, without realizing that a more
comprehensive Web service is also available from OUCS through the NSMS
Comprehensive Web Hosting Service. Please note: In terms of
facilities offered, this hosting service is the most comprehensive
that is offered by OUCS. You may find it useful to look at the comparison of OUCS web hosting
services page to help you decide which service is the
most appropriate for you.
- Concerns about computer security dominate today's IT environment. But
security is a broad subject encompassing many different areas. Properly
securing a network involves the consideration of many aspects, and
indeed the act of securing a network can never really be considered to
be completed. It is an ongoing process.
- IT Consultancy
- In addition to the specific services listed NSMS also offers more
general IT consultancy, covering all aspects of the use of IT within the
collegiate University. Please contact email@example.com for more
- Storage rental
- If your project or team needs more storage either short or long term,
NSMS can offer you storage to suit your needs. NSMS storage rental
offers a cost effective solution to additional storage, using proven
iSCSI technology. This can be attached across the University network to
your existing server, or to any NSMS Virtual Machine. This service is
calculated on a per Gigabyte basis providing a fine grained approach
allowing us to tailor the service for your needs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more
Request Tracker Service
- Request Tracker (RT) from BestPractical is an enterprise-grade ticketing system which
enables diverse groups of people to intelligently and efficiently manage
tasks, issues, and requests submitted by a community of users. RT
manages key tasks such as the identification, prioritization,
assignment, resolution and notification required by enterprise-critical
applications including help desk, project management, software
development and CRM. RT has been in use for many years at OUCS as their
helpdesk system, and is in use by many teams inside the Department for
The NSMS team provide a managed hosting platform for
Request Tracker providing a range of services. In all cases the
database backend of the service is managed by NSMS and backed up on
a daily basis.
- Understanding the exact nature of the security of your servers and
their network environments can be a long and involved process. This can
be even more complicated when your IT infrastructure has evolved over
- Windows Server Update Service
- NSMS offers a Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) server which allows
automated installation of critical updates for Windows 2000/XP and
Microsoft Office. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
Managed Apple OS X Services
- The number of people using Apple Macintosh based OS X systems has
increased dramatically throughout the University and the NSMS team
provide a number of support services for these systems.
- NSMS has many years of experience in configuring and installing new
hardware and software in many sites throughout the University.
Further information about our services can be obtained by contacting NSMS at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01865 273209.