NSMS Mac Managed Platform
NSMS is pleased to announce the introduction of its Managed Mac Platform (MMP) service to colleges and departments. The MMP service is ideal for colleges or departments who wish to work in an Apple environment and has been designed to provide its users with a highly integrated, reliable and resilient desktop environment to support research and administrative tasks.
- Apple Mac Workstation hardware - covering supported Apple Mac hardware and supported peripherals and printers
- Apple Mac workstation software - covering operating system deployment and updating, standard software package deployment and updating, special purpose software, and software licensing
- Data backup - covering the deployment of the University of Oxford's site-licensed backup client software
- System security - covering authentication, patching, anti-virus measures, and compliance tests
- Support - NSMS can either act as primary support (usually when there is no local ITSS) or as second level support where local ITSS liaise with NSMS on behalf of their user.
- Service infrastructure - covering the hosting and maintenance of the central MMP infrsatructure as used by the Mangaed Macs deployed as part of the service. Note: It is the client’s responsibility to ensure the local network infrastructure provides the necessary means for managed workstations to access the central MMP infrastructure systems. However, NSMS will liaise with the OUCS Networks group to ensure that service delivery is adequate from OUCS to a unit’s FroDo switch.
Further details about all aspects of the service can be found in the Service Level Agreement.
For current charging information for these services see our Mac Managed Platform charges page.