6. Using Syncro Client with OUCS maintained web sites
When using Syncro Client to manage web sites maintained by the OUCS Information Services
Group, we recommend the following work practices:
- Obtain a Subversion account from the OUCS sysdev team. If you are inside OUCS, you
can setup your own account at: https://svn.oucs.ox.ac.uk/admin/useradmin/
- Set up a folder called
Repository to store your web documents in.
- Create a
preview folder inside your repository
- Download the section of the OUCS web site you need to edit into the preview folder
on your local machine
- Make your changes to the preview files and upload them back to the main preview
- View your changes on the preview web site using the following URL format: e.g.
Note when trying to view the preview web site outside of the OUCS network you need
to use the secure server address https, and add
:4443 to the end of the
domain name. You will also need to sign in using your SSO account details. The URL in
such cases would be:
- If you are adding XML files, these are automatically scanned for validity. If there
are any problems with the validation of your XML, you will receive an email informing
you where the problem is likely to be.
- When you are completely happy with your files, publish them to the live site.
- Check the web site to see that your changes have taken affect.
Up: Contents Previous: 5. Potential problems Next: 7. Icons used by the Syncro SVN client