3. Added image support
Next, I have added support for converting documents containing images. To do this, I needed to change the web service, TEIConverter and I have added a completely new class ImageFetcher, which is responsible for most of the operations with images. In order to enable user to upload images, I also had to change the web client. To keep the requests for conversion of documents without images unchanged, I decided to solve the uploading of images by uploading the document first and then uploading all the image files. Therefore, now the web service treats the first file it receives from the form to be the document to convert. All subsequent files are treated as images. The type of the files uploaded is never checked during the conversion. It simply takes all the <graphics> tags from the TEI document and copies the images mentioned in the URL of these tags. All other uploaded files are simply discarded. If you are converting from ODT or DOCX format, the directories containing images are simply copied and zipped together with the converted document.
Up: Contents Previous: 2. Added conversion to ePub Next: 4. Created possibility to define hidden conversions