3. Applications of podcasting at other H.E. institutions
- Assessing the use of Video and Audio Podcasts in the Teaching and Learning of Computing: A Pilot Study
- This study concluded that students value podcasts as a useful supplement to
lectures. It also reported that provision of podcasts had little impact on
student attendance as the majority of students did not believe that podcasting
could replace face-to-face lectures.
More information: http://www.celt.mmu.ac.uk/ltia/issue15/waraich.php
- Recording feedback as a podcast and uploading it to a VLE
- Sarah Westwater-Wood, School of Nursing, Midwifery & Physiotherapy, the University of Nottingham. More info: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/pesl/resources/elearning/recordin212/
- Video feedback: a JISC funded project called ASSET
- This project has developed an innovative, interactive Web 2.0 resource, 'ASSET', to encourage staff to experiment with the use of video media to provide feed-forward and feedback to students on their assignments.