2. Academic poster and colour printing service
Oxford University IT Services offers a high-quality and competitively-priced colour printing service to Oxford University members and departments, who are producing academic related material associated to projects within Oxford University.
We are currently able to print output generated by most of the popular word processing and graphics packages, including PowerPoint, InDesign, CorelDraw, Illustrator, PDF, PostScript (to final size), EPS, GIFs, JPGs, etc.
Please note that we cannot print to the large format printer directly from a Mac. Should you wish to have any A2/A1/A0 posters printed from Mac applications, please provide a pdf file to size and with all necessary fonts embedded in the file.
Posters (A2, A1 & A0) will be printed on the Epson Pro 9900 colour inkjet printer. If you are incorporating unusual text fonts in your files, we suggest that you use PostScript with the relevant font metrics embedded to ensure consistency. Please contact the Operations staff for further details and an estimate of charges.
|A0||841 x 1189||33 1/8" x 46 3/4"|
|A1||594 x 841||23 3/8" x 33 1/8"|
|A2||420 x 594||16 1/2" x 23 3/8"|
A4 & A3 files will be printed on the colour PostScript printer at 1200 dpi. The available plotting area is slightly smaller in each case, and you are advised to allow for a 5-mm margin which may be clipped if your page layout goes right to the edge.
Your files should be presented in person to the Data Centre Operations desk. You will be asked to complete a form giving your contact details, file information and output media requirements. The choices are MATT or SATIN on the large format printer. There is no choice of media for A4/A3 sizes. Files can be provided on USB stick, CD-ROM. Please note that Data Centre Operations are only able to accept jobs for printing if payment has been made beforehand; via the IT Services Online Shop (see charging and cost section).
- All colour printing is charged and must be paid for in advance at the IT Services Online Shop. The order number obtained from the online shop when purchasing should be presented to the operations staff when you submit your file.
- Departmental Purchase Order:
- ONLY Departmental Purchase Orders that have been raised via the IT Services
Online Shop will be accepted.
Contact your finance department and advise them that you require them to raise an online purchase order. Your department should provide you with an online shop order number. This must be presented to the operations staff when you submit your file.
- Departmental orders with multiple quantities of posters:
- ALL files for printing should be presented with the purchase order. If this is not possible a separate purchase order should be raised for each file for printing.
- Print Card:
- A print card can be purchased via the IT Services Online Shop. The card will be topped up when presented with the online shop order number. Credits for payment will be deducted when presenting your file for printing.
- (per sheet) for colour printing are:
- The client is expected to have consulted the Printing Service online documentation prior to submitting a job.
- Refunds cannot be given where poor quality output is due to problems inherent to the file supplied for printing.
- The client must pay for the service via the IT services Online Shop or by departmental purchase order.
- The client must be aware of and comply with the University's current IT regulations.
- The client must comply with UK copyright laws. IT services reserves the right not to deal with material that may infringe copyright.
Contact: Please direct any enquiries about the service to the Data Centre Operations on (2)73271 or email Operations staff