11. Two E-Learning Conferences 2nd and 3rd April 09
- Are you supporting students and staff in developing their use of new technology?
- Are you responsible for designing IT skills training in your institution?
- Are you interested in institutional approaches to open content, podcasting and educational video online?
- Lynne O'Brien, Director of Instructional Technology at Duke University, USA
- Miles Metcalfe, Head of IT Research and Development at Ravensbourne College
- Josie Fraser, ALT Learning Technologist of the Year 2008
An opportunity to discuss issues surrounding the growth and expansion of institutional audio-visual work with experts from the field of multimedia and educational video. Come and hear regular podcasting experts , the work of STEEPLE, a JISC funded collaboration to disseminate from experience, and OPEN CAST, an international collaboration providing tools for improving efficiency in media production and publishing.
Expert presenters include:
- Peter Scott, KMi Director, Knowledge Media Institute, The Open University
- Nigel Warburton - www.philosophybites.com
- Bjoern Hassler, Centre for Applied Research in Educational Technologies, University of Cambridge
- Peter Robinson, Learning Technologies Group, Oxford University
- Ben Hawkridge, Knowledge Media Institute, The Open University
Papers at this conference will:
- Describe the new skills and knowledge required by students and staff in the digital age;
- Explore the challenges that the use of digital technologies brings to the design of teaching and learning activities;
- Offer new approaches and strategies for digital literacy skills training;
- Explore the impact that the use of these new technologies has on motivation, participation and differentiation;
- Highlight research in new areas of literacy such as digital storytelling, media literacy, interaction and collaboration skills.
Session topics include:
- "New Channels to New Learners: Podcasting and the Open University on iTunesU"
- "Podcasting Philosophy Bytes"
- "Can you hear me now? How to get your videos into UK secondary education"
- "The challenges and opportunities in podcasting at a research university"
These conferences usually fill quite fast so early booking is recommended. Information about local accommodation for those who wish to attend on both days is available on our website.