15. Nexus SharePoint for Research
The Nexus Service will be releasing a SharePoint service in Hilary Term 2011, designed to enable online collaboration and document sharing. Since June 2010 a number of departments and colleges have been trialling the service as early adopters. In particular, OUCS has supported the use of SharePoint for the administration of committees and for supporting collaborative research.
Any site designed to support research might include:
- document and image libraries
- fine-grained access controls
- site calendar, task, and customised lists
- wiki and team discussion forums
- sub-sites (e.g. to manage a project steering committee)