3. Top Tips for a Better Video Conference
- With any video situation - audio is always the most important.
- Test Early - Test often - Practice with the software on both sides
- Death by PowerPoint still applies in an online conference - use
pictures/music/shorten your talks
- Use headphones for Skype type conferences
- Turn off video if you don’t need it to conserve bandwidth
- In WebEx - don’t screenshare to present PowerPoint - upload presentation into
- Mute your microphones if the other speaker is doing a presentation (you can do
this in WebEx/ Skype)
- If it is a big group collaboration then ask everyone to mute during
- Keep all microphones well away from speakers and PC fans to avoid
- Don’t use wireless if you’ve got wired connections.
- Don’t use mobile phones to dial into systems (the sound is already clipped)
Up: Contents Previous: 2. Stranded Students? Next: 4. Nexus News