16. Projects at OUCS
OUCS can help with your research projects including project planning, advisory services for research projects already underway, technical support and end of project activities such as dissemination and archiving. See www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/rts/rtsservices.xml
- A new MDX room following redevelopment of the New Bodleian (see article on this).
- Wireless roll-out
- Core User Directory – we are seeking funding to take forward this major development in Identity Management services.
- IT Regulations – we are assisting in updating the IT Regulations, in the light of changes in structures, and also changes in technology. Part of this will see a change of perspective with reference to P2P. This is awaiting ratification by Council.
- Mobile Oxford – this service continues to grow in functionality, use, and popularity. We hope to open source the code around Easter and now have several other Universities who wish to collaborate on its development. The service, using our code, will be rolled out at Brookes over the next 6 months.
- Videoconferencing – we are seeking funds to take forward our training and service provision for videoconferencing in the light of growing demand. As some of you will know we are also currently trialing Cisco’s WebEx service.
- OpenSpires – this is taking the iTunes U service to the next stage by investigating using open creative commons licences for distributing material.
- Humanities IT Review – OUCS has been asked by the Head of the Division to undertake a major review of the current and future IT needs of all the faculties.