2. Applying for an e-Science Grid certificate
Contact the CA (Certificate Authority) to submit a Certificate Request. The CA will record your request and notify you and your RA. If you make a mistake, re-submit the request correctly, then when you see the RA ask to have the first request deleted and the correct one approved.
Applicants need to visit an RA Operator in person at OUCS. Personal identification is a requirement of the CA. Photo-ID must be brought with you. For Oxford University subscribers, the required Photo-ID is a current University Card, which we will check against electronic records to verify its validity.
It will be helpful if applicants bring with them a photocopy of their Photo-ID on a sheet of A4, with the other information included. If necessary, we will make a copy of your card at OUCS but this will take longer.
- On duty in OUCS Help Centre 0830-1130 (0830-1100 Fridays) - phone contact 73200 during these hours.
- Otherwise, 1400-1600 - phone contact 73262 during these hours.
- On duty in OUCS Help Centre 1400-1630 - phone contact 73200 during these hours.
- Otherwise, 1000-1200 - phone contact 83678 during these hours.
Otherwise, ask at Reception in the OUCS main entrance for the person you have arranged to see. OUCS is at 13 Banbury Road, Oxford. Add 01865-2 before telephone numbers if ringing from outside the University.