IT Services (previously OUCS) uses University Card data to determine access to IT resources. This page documents the processes which are currently applied.
The University Card provides a clear authorized route for a unit to declare the relationship a person has with them. If there is no room on the card to hold an extra dept or college, then local IT support can request that the affiliation be approved by contacting IT Services registration .
See also http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/registration/univcard.xml for details of IT Services' use of Card status
1. University Card Categories
|Card Code||Status||IT Services code||Entitlement Group|
|MC||Congregation (from Register of Congregation)||senmem||full|
|US||University Staff (on payroll)||staff||full|
|FS/FR||Former Staff (on University Pension) approved by a dept or college (FS) or Pensions (FR)||ret||full with exceptions|
|GT/GR||Postgraduate (from OSS)||postgrad||postgrad|
|UG||Undergraduate (from OSS)||undergrad||undergrad|
|VR||Visiting/Recognized Student (from OSS)||student||undergrad|
|PT||Part Time (Continuing Education - unmatriculated)||undergrad||undergrad|
|CL/CB||Cardholder (unit 'member', not a University member)||cardholder||cardholder|
|VA||Virtual (card) (giving web) Access ( neither unit nor University 'member')||virtual||virtual|
|Non-card status: leaver||Students in the 6/10 months after their University Card has expired (not unit or University 'member')||leaver||leaver|
|Primary Oxford SSO account (1)||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Central Mailbox||yes||yes||yes||no||no||yes||no (6)|
|@unit.ox.ac.uk email address (2)||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no||no (6)|
|Delegated access to a Nexus mailbox||yes||yes||yes||no||no||no||yes|
|Delegated access to a Sharepoint site||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||yes|
|Remote Access account (eduroam, wireless)||yes||yes||yes||no||no||no||no|
|IT Services Courses||yes||yes||yes||no||no||n/a||no|
|Own an EZMLM mailing list||yes||yes||no||no||no||yes||no|
|Project account (3)||yes||yes||no||no||no||no||no|
|TSM backup||yes (8,9)||yes||no||no||no||no||no|
|@retired.ox.ac.uk (4)||FR only||no||no||no||no||no||no|
|Site-licenced software||licenced for staff (8)||licenced for students||licenced for students||no||no||no||no|
|Use of the IT Services Help Centre||yes||yes||yes||no||no||n/a||no (5)|
|Register an external email address (7)||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||yes|
1. Primary Oxford SSO username is used to identify you in other systems. It is never issued to anyone else.
2.The 'email address' is considered to be 'owned' by the unit. IT Services acts as agent for units for whom we route mail. The units authorize IT Services to issue an email address by having an affiliation added to the University Card. Where there is no room on the Card, IT support for that unit can ask firstname.lastname@example.org to add their unit's email address for a person. Email addresses may be re-issued, once it is safe to do so.
3. Project accounts can be created for 'a function' eg senior tutor and the account passes to the next incumbent.
4. @retired is allocated automatically to anyone with an 'FR' status card.
5. Allowed for questions relating to the management of their SSO account
6. If leavers have forwarding or vacation set up on their mail account, these will work for the first 2 months after Card expiry
7. Registered addresses for Virtual Access will get transfered automatically overnight to GSS (Graduate Supervison System).
8. FS/FR (retirees) are not entitled to use TSM backup or software which is licenced for 'staff only'.
9. AV (academic visitors) are entitled to use TSM backup.