3. Who sees/uses what data?
Card data is made available to ITSS only by the permission of the Card Office.
- Users : Staff and students can see what information we hold about them-
usernames, mail routings, TSM registrations, expiry dates.
- real time data for all their own users from restricted ITSS pages http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/its3/
- overnight downloads of data are written to secure web locations and access
granted via the IP address of the registered machine for a unit. The data produced
is tailored to the needs of the Unit. This enables ITSS to automate jobs based on
the latest data available.
- Oxford Student System (OSS): take the email address and Oxford username of
students and staff
- GSS and OxCort take the Oxford username and email address overnight. If a
Virtual Access card holder has registered an external address via Register an alternative
email address , that will be passed to GSS as well.
- Libraries: take email addresses for everyone for the book ordering
- Central admin: take staff email addresses and Oxford usernames
- Other OUCS services: Course Booking system, WebLearn, OxItems, network
services - take Oxford username and email addresses by various means.
Up: Contents Previous: 2. What data is obtained from other sources? Next: 4. Timing of Registration processes