IT Services try to extend the accounts of all students who are applying for a course in the next academic year. This enables students to continue to use their email, Remote Access and SSO accounts over the summer.
Please don't be tempted to get round the card expiry issue by issuing a returning student with a Cardholder status card. If you do, the student's Nexus mailbox will be deleted. Instead, use College Staff or Academic Visitor status as these will preserve Nexus accounts.
- At the end of May, IT Services extended the project times of SSO, Nexus and Remote Access accounts belonging to returners to 27th October 2013. This prevents account expiry warning and card expiry warning messages being sent to returning students.
- This procedure may also be carried out at the end of June to pick up any late applicants.
- An email message was sent to potential returners informing them of what was done - see below for the text.
- When students return their contract, their records will be automatically updated by the usual processes.
- Students who don't take up their offer will be warned in the usual way that their accounts will expire on 27th October. As with all leavers, their SSO accounts will be extended to six months after card expiry, (ie to 31-Dec-2013 in most cases). Their email accounts will be disabled on 27th October, but messages will continue to be delivered for 2 months.
As your Nexus mailbox (!USERNAME!) and other accounts are due to expire shortly, they have been automatically extended until 27-Oct-2013. If you take up the offer, your accounts will be further extended to the end date on your new University Card.
If you are changing college, you will be assigned a new email address once your University Card is updated. If you are starting a postgraduate course you will also be assigned a departmental email address. Please note that your account name will not change.
For details of your accounts and email addresses, go to the IT Services home page (www.it.ox.ac.uk), select 'Manage accounts' and then click on 'View the data held about you in the Registration database'.
If you don't take up the course, you will not be able to access your Nexus mailbox after 27-Oct-2012. Any email forwarding or out-of-office message on your Nexus account will be maintained for two months after this date.