OUCS try and extend the accounts of all students who are applying for a course in the
next year automatically. This enables students to keep their email addresses and to work
over the summer.
- OSS provide OUCS with a list of students who have applied for courses the following
year. These will be current undergrads and current postgrads, and returners after a
- There were 963 in 2011
At the end of May, OUCS
- extend all the project times in for all accounts of returners to 12th October
(approx week 2 of term) for sso, nexus, and remote access accounts. This should stop the
account expiry warning messages going to them on 1st June
- The process which sends the card expiry warnings has been modified not send to
- The process which updates project times to that of the card ha salos been
- Mail to returners what we have done- see /sample_letter/returners.txt for the draft
message. Included is the information they would get from the Card expiry message which
those who end up not coming back, would otherwise miss out on.
- When OSS/Card is updated, the records will be automatically updated by the usual
- If they do not take up the course, they will get the project time warnings at end of
- There is still a group of returners after a gap who may get Rescue Codes or
Activation codes emailed to them, depending on whether the account was activated before
it went out of view.
- The list of usernames/names which have been extended is visible to Itss via https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/itss/unitinfo
- We have put in a work around so that returners who have had their accounts extended,
will also have their finish date in LDAP.oak extended so that they will be able to use
Webauth to change passwords and Rescue Codes will work.