2. What is password security?
A password is a string of characters you give to verify that
you are you when you log onto a computer system. Password security
mainly consists of these things:
- Don't tell anyone your password.
- Don't write your password down and then allow others to read it.
- Never include your password in an email message.
- When you decide on a password, make sure it can't be guessed.
- If you think there is even a chance someone else might know your password, change it
- Change your password regularly.
Up: Contents Previous: 1. IT Services Policy and Rules Next: 3. Why is password security important?