3. Installation Procedure - Part Managed
Please note that, as the system configuration of this host will be fully managed by IT Services, we strongly recommend that a fresh host is used, dedicated for EEM, and not used for any other purpose.
- Host can be physical or virtual
- Supported architectures: i386 and amd64
- Minimum supported host specification:
- At least one public IP address assigned for management access
- Any physical or VLAN networks must be connected to this host, but there is no need to have an IP address on each
- The host will need to accept the following network connections, which may require perimeter firewall/IPS/router configuration:
Gateway FQDNis the FQDN of the gateway on your network
ITSS Managersis a list of the
/itssprincipals of ITSS who will be setting up / managing the gateway.
Contact emailis an email address that we can use to contact the appropriate person if there is a problem with the gateway
- One or more
Networksections, with a friendly name, define the networks that this gateway should monitor. The friendly name will be used to identify the network to users on the PMM graphs.
Interfaceis the Ethernet interface that this network is connected to on the gateway. For simple setups this will usually be
eth0. VLANs must be specified individually in the
Unitsis a list of units whose members can view PMM graphs for this network (useful if you want to share your data with other units)
Publishspecifies whether PMM data should be available for public viewing
- Download the EEM package signing key and add to apt keyring, configure EEM package repository and install EEM gateway for Oxford:
# wget -O- https://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/services/eem/package-signing-key.txt | apt-key add - # echo "deb http://debian.oucs.ox.ac.uk/eem/squeeze stable general" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/eem.list # apt-get update # apt-get install eem-gateway-oxford # eem-configure
- Generate Kerberos keytab for host:
# kadmin -p unit9999/itss@OX.AC.UK kadmin: ktadd -k /etc/krb5.keytab host/FQDN@OX.AC.UK kadmin: exit