The electronic mailing list service ("Maillist") provides support for sending email messages to multiple receipients, and is often the ideal solution where requirements go beyond the group/list capabilities offered by many email clients.
- Message Posting: messages sent to the list email address are sent to all subscribers
- Message Archiving: posted messages can be added to a user-accessible archive
- Self-(un)subscription: users can subscribe to and unsubscribe from lists by email
- List Configuration: list configuration can be controlled by list managers to suit specific requirements
- Create/Delete List: lists can be created and deleted on request
- Message Posting
Copies of messages sent to the list email address are sent to all subscribers, subject to configured controls. Controls include settings to restrict who is permitted to post, conditions on the message content - such as a maximum message size or whether messages identified as probable "spam" should be accepted - or what to do with message attachments.
If an outgoing message to a list subscriber cannot be delivered then the Maillist system will attempt delivery for several days. Subscribed addresses which repeatedly fail delivery and cannot be contacted by trying will eventually be removed automatically to enable posts to be delivered in a timely manner to all subscribers.
- Message Archiving
- List Configuration
List configuration can be adjusted to suit specific requirements. All of the options described above can be controlled through list configuration. In addition, you can specify lists of additional email addresses allowed to post to the list; addresses that are denied from posting ("blacklist"); and list subscribers, moderators, and managers.
- Create/Delete List