Figure /sis/images/cloud-big.jpg [private cloud icon]
1. How to access the console of a VM hosted in the University private cloud
1. Upon successful log in to the portal, you will see four tabs below your organisation name on the top left corner (Home, My Cloud, Catalog and Administration). From the My Cloud tab, select VMs. This will display all VMs within your organisation to which you have access.
3. In the right pane, right-click the VM and select the Popout Console option. This will enable you to access the console of the virtual machine from within your Web browser.
4. You will then be prompted to install the VMware Remote Console (VMRC) plugin. Click OK to download the VMRC installer.
Figure getting-started-images/image25.jpg 
5. If necessary, double click on the executable (on 32-bit Windows systems, this is the file vmware-vmrc-win32-x86.exe) to commence the installation of the plugin.
6. Click Next to continue and run through the installation process. For example, on Windows:
Figure getting-started-images/image26.jpg 
Figure getting-started-images/image48.jpg icon at the top right corner of the screen to enable full screen mode). This has been seen when running later versions of Firefox (14+) on 64-bit Windows 7.
2. More Howtos:
3. Further reading