How to create your first vApp
You will be presented with the home screen. To get started we will build a new vApp. When you create a new vApp, you must provide some basic information.
1. From the home screen click
Build New vApp
2. Type a name and optional description.
3. Select a runtime and storage lease and click Next.
4. To add a new virtual machine, click
5. Provide the required information about the virtual machine, and click OK.
6. In the "Configure Virtual Machines" window enter or edit names for the Virtual Machine. Enter a name for the Virtual Machine as it will be shown in My Cloud (Full Name) and host name (Computer Name).
7. Pick a network from the "Network" drop down box. There should be one external and one internal network available, named yourorgname_Ext_Org_Net and yourorgname_Int_Org_Net respectively.
8. Choose a method of IP address assignment from the "IP Assignment" drop-down list. Unless there is a requirement to enter a specific address, leave the default selection as Static –IP Pool (which means that an address will be assigned from a pre-configured pool that’s been assigned to your data center), and click Next.
9. In the "Configure Networking" window, select always use assigned IP addresses until this vApp or associated networks are deleted. Click Next.
10. Review the settings on the "Ready to Complete" page and click Finish.
11. Select My Cloud.
12. In the left pane click VMs.
13. In the right pane, select a virtual machine, right-click, and select Insert CD/DVD from Catalog.
14. Select a media file and click Insert.
15. Click the
icon to power on the virtual machine.
16. In the right pane, right-click the virtual machine and select the Popout Console option. This will enable you to access the console of the virtual machine from within your Web browser.
17. Popout Console will prompt you to install VMware Remote Console plugin. Click OK to download in the dialog box that appears.
18. Double click on vmware-vmrc-win32-x86.exe file to install the plugin
19. Click Next to continue.
20. Choose the browsers for which you want to install and click Next.
21. Click Finish.
22. Install the operating system of your choice.
23. Once the operating system has been installed then, from the right pane, select
the virtual machine, right-click, and select Install VMware Tools.
You can read more about the private cloud using the links below: