Export virtual machine from vSphere to the Cloud
1. Select the virtual machine File -> Export -> Export OVF Template.
2. In the Export OVF Template dialog, type the Name of the template.
3. Enter the directory location where the exported virtual machine template is saved, or click “...” to browse for the location.
4. In Description, type a description for the virtual machine.
5. Click OK.
6. The download process is shown in the Export window.
7. On completion click Close.
8. The following files will be created within the TESTVM001folder:
9. Logon to your Organisation and select the Catalogs tab.
10. From My Organisation Catalogs select vApp Templates.
11. You must have a catalog in place before you can upload. On the vApp Templates
12. Click Browse, browse to the location of the OVF package, select it, and click Open.
13. Type a name and optional description for the vApp template.
14. Select your organization vDC and catalog and click Upload.
15. When the upload has completed successfully the vApp template is available in your private catalog.
15. On the vApp Templates tab, select a vApp template, right-click, and select Add to My Cloud.
16. Type a name and optional description for the vApp.
17. Select a runtime and storage lease and click Next.
18. In the "Configure Virtual Machines" window enter or edit names for the Virtual Machine. Enter a name for the Virtual Machine as it will be shown in My Cloud (Full Name) and host name (Computer Name).
19. Pick a network from the "Network" drop down box. There should be one external and one internal network available, named yourorgname_Ext_Org_Net and yourorgname_Int_Org_Net respectively.
20. Choose a method of IP address assignment from the "IP Assignment" drop-down list. Unless there is a requirement to enter a specific address, leave the default selection as Static – IP Pool (which means that an address will be assigned from a pre-configured pool that’s been assigned to your data center), and click Next.
21. In the "Configure Networking" window, select always use assigned IP addresses until this vApp or associated networks are deleted. Click Next.
22. Review the settings on the "Ready to Complete" page and click Finish.
You can read more about the private cloud using the links below: