Cyber duck can be downloaded from the developers web site: http://cyberduck.ch/.
- Download the program from http://cyberduck.ch/
- Locate the downloaded program and double click on the program
- Cyberduck will install itself onto your machine. You may wish to move the
program to your
- To access the Linux service using Cyberduck, click on the installed
Cyberduck programicon. The following screen will open:
- Click on the
Open Connectionbutton. This opens the
- From the
[SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)]from the dropdown list.
- In the
Serverbox type in
- Enter your
Passwordinto the appropriate boxes.
- Click the
- You will now see your Linux account which contains one
cgifolder. You can now transfer files to and from your Linux account.
In order to see your web folder you need to add a shortcut from your Linux account to the users web space. This shortcut cannot be made through Cyberduck, so you need to open a Terminal session instead.
- From the favourites menu, click on the
screenicon to begin a Terminal session.
- At the
ssh [username]@linux.ox.ac.uk(i.e. if your username is
ssh email@example.com) and press
- You will now be asked for your Oxford Account password, type this in and
<Enter>. N.B. you will not see any text on the screen as you type your password.
- If you have never done this before, you will see the following
You can verify that this is correct by visiting the Linux security page where the key fingerprints are displayed. Type
The authenticity of host 'linux.ox.ac.uk (126.96.36.199)' can't be established. RSA key fingerprint is 12:05:75:ee:73:a7:6d:3d:27:f3:fd:32:c7:5d:9b:09. Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
- Once your password is accepted, you will be greeted by the Linux service
- You now need to send a command to the server telling it to make a shortcut
to your user web space. At the
- The system will respond by adding a new line with your
- You have now successfully added a shortcut to your Linux account going to
your user web space. If you now type
lsyou will see a new folder called
Logoffand close down the Terminal.
- On returning to Cyberduck you need to refresh the Linux account folder
view. After you have refreshed your folder view, you will see a new shortcut
has been added to your folder. If you click on this link, Cyberduck will show you your web space account folder. You can now drag and drop files to and from your users web space using the Cyberduck program.
- To close the connection to
linux.ox.ac.uk, click on the
Disconnectbutton near the top of the screen.The folder view will now be greyed out
- You can now close the program in the normal way.