The Regents of the University of Michigan.’
This program can be used to securely transfer your files to your web space via the OUCS Linux Service. The following information guides you through the process of setting up the program and how to access your users web space.
Fugu can be downloaded from the Information Technology Central Services (ITCS),
University of Michigan Fugu web site:
- Download the program from http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/
- Locate the downloaded program and double click on the program
- Fugu will install itself onto your machine. You may wish to move the program
- To access the Linux service using Fugu, click on the installed
Fugu programicon. The following
Connectionscreen will open:
- In the
Connect tobox, type in
- Type your
Usernameinto the appropriate box.
- For the
Portnumber type in
- Click the
- A new screen appears asking you to enter your password. Add to the box and
- You will now see your Linux account in the right hand panel which contains
cgifolder. You can now transfer files to and from your Linux account using drag and drop between the panels.
- From the favourites menu, click on the
screenicon to begin a Terminal session.
- At the
ssh [username]@linux.ox.ac.uk(i.e. if your username is
ssh email@example.com) and press
- You will now be asked for your Oxford Account password, type this in and
<Enter>. N.B. you will not see any text on the screen as you type your password.
- If you have never done this before, you will see the following
You can verify that this is correct by visiting the Linux security page where the key fingerprints are displayed. Type
The authenticity of host 'linux.ox.ac.uk (22.214.171.124)' can't be established. RSA key fingerprint is 12:05:75:ee:73:a7:6d:3d:27:f3:fd:32:c7:5d:9b:09. Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
- Once your password is accepted, you will be greeted by the Linux service
- You now need to send a command to the server telling it to make a shortcut
to your user web space. At the
- The system will respond by adding a new line with your
- You have now successfully added a shortcut to your Linux account going to
your user web space. If you now type
lsyou will see a new folder called
Logoffand close down the Terminal.
- On returning to Fugu you need to refresh the Linux account panel by
Reloadbutton, after which you will see that a new shortcut to
public_htmlhas been added to your folder.If you click on this link, Fugu will show you your web space account folder.You can now drag and drop files to and from your users web space using the Fugu program.
- To close the connection to
linux.ox.ac.uk, click on the
Disconnectbutton near the top of the screen.
- You can now close the program in the normal way.