6. What do to about a forgotten or expired Oxford username or password
Regardless of whether your password has expired or you have forgotten it, our
online facilities for managing your
will allow you to change or reset the password to
get it working again.
- If you do not remember your current or expired password, then
the password reset
facility will allow you to set a new one.
- If your password is due to expire or has expired and you
still know what it is, you can use the change password
facility to select a new one.
- If you have forgotten your username and you are using Outlook
on a PC you can look yourself up in the Address Book on Outlook. You
need to right-click on your own entry and then choose "properties". Your
username is shown as your alias in the information box that
- If you can't find your username as above or are having other difficulties with
the above facilities, contact your local ITSS or the OUCS Help Centre.
- You will find further details and helpful advice about passwords and
accounts on the
"Changing or recovering a password" web page.
Note : If your University Card expires your Oxford username account will expire
simultaneously. Your Oxford username account may also be expired on instruction
from the Proctors or Registrar.
Up: Contents Previous: 5. Browsers accessing Oxford's web based services