3. Services using the Oxford Username
- The GNU/Linux service
- Personal web space on users.ox.ac.uk
- WebLearn (Oxford's Virtual Learning Environment)
- Sending email from outside the Oxford network
- OUCS Self Registration for software downloads, managing accounts and viewing data about you
- OXITEMS - Oxford's RSS newsfeed service provided by OUCS
These services are, however, requested and managed through the OUCS self-registration pages which are SSO-enabled. In other words whilst these services use a different username and password you still need an Oxford username to manage your access to these services.
An increasing number of local college and departmental applications now use SSO so you may even find yourself logging in via Webauth to access a local helpdesk, connect to your college's local Ethernet network or even book a meal.