Welcome to IT at the University of Oxford. This site is a brief guide to the essential IT information you will need as a member of the University. Most IT services and resources are provided by IT Services; links to library, college and departmental services are also included. Note that IT Services was created on 1st August 2012; previously most services were provided by OUCS (Oxford University Computing Services).
- Your Oxford Username - Your passport to accessing online services
Connecting to the Internet - How to get connected to the University network
Student Registration - Essential for all new and returning students
- Online security
- Password Security - Your first (only?) line of defence
- No Phishing - protecting your cash, your identity and your connection
- Be Mysterious
- Public Computers and Open Networks
- Viruses and Malware - Protecting your computer from viruses, malware, worms, trojans, adware, etc.
- Software Updates - Get the latest to patch vulnerabilities
- Loss and Theft - Devices
- Loss and Theft - Data
Solving Hardware Problems - Breakdown services, repairs, upgrades, etc.
Email - All about the Oxford central email service.
University IT Resources and Services - IT courses, Mobile Oxford, WebLearn and more
Getting Help - What to do when you need a helping hand
Computer Usage Rules - Essential reading