Your Oxford SSO Account
Your Oxford SSO Account entitles you to use all University resources provided by IT Services and many others run by other parts of the University. SSO stands for Single Sign-On Account as you can access multiple services with a single login and it is sometimes called just your SSO Account. Your SSO username (or Oxford username) is the username part of your account credentials. You need to activate your account and change the password at least once a year.
An SSO Account is created automatically for you when your University card is issued. For new students, your username and activation code will be sent by email to the address held by student records sometime before 1st September. Please ensure firstname.lastname@example.org has a working email address for you. Otherwise, it will be sent by internal mail to your main University address.
If you do not receive your SSO username and activation code by University post within three working days of receiving your University card, please contact either your college IT staff or the IT Services Help Centre. If you do not receive a University card, you should contact your college or department administration staff for further help.
- Access the Web Authentication Service (Webauth)
- Choose a password for your Oxford SSO Account. (Read the Security advice about choosing your passwords).
- Set a security question and answer in case you ever forget your password
The lifetime of the activation code is given on your letter and will be between 30 and 60 days. If the activation code has expired, you can ask for it to be unexpired via the IT Services Help Centre.
The IT Services Account Registration web page has further information about your Oxford account.
- To change your password, visit the Webauth page.
- Webauth will also let you reset a forgotten password using your stored security question and answer.
- If you forget both your password and the answer to your security question, you will need to obtain a Webauth 'rescue' code via your college IT staff or the IT Services Help Centre.
Your Oxford SSO Account's password is required to be changed at least once a year via Webauth. You should receive an email reminder a few weeks before it is due to expire. If you don't change your password by its expiry date you will be unable to access your Oxford SSO Account until the password has been reset via Webauth.