"David Jones" web sites
4 online resources.
- David Jones Society
- The David Jones Society website gives details of the organisation whose aim is to promote the work of this poet and artist. Jones fought on the Western Front in the First World War, and is possibly best known for his long poem 'In Parenthesis', based on his war experiences. Jones was also a talented artist, working in paint, metal and wood among other media. The site gives a brief overview of Jones's career and of the society's activities, as well as tables of contents of the Society's latest journal issue and membership information. Although the website is still under construction,…
- Faber poetry library
- The Faber Poetry Library provides electronic access to Faber's most popular poets. The database includes the full-text of thousands of works by fifty British, Irish and post-colonial poets, including: Simon Armitage, Douglas Dunn, T.S. Eliot, Lavinia Greenlaw, Thomas Gunn, Seamus Heaney, Ted Hughes, David Jones, Paul Muldoon, Tom Paulin, Katherine Pierpoint, Sylvia Plath, Stephen Spender, Edward Thomas, and Hugo Williams. Future versions will add further writers to this collection. For each writer, the full contents of the published volumes of their works are included, enabling one to …
- War poets association, The
- The War Poets Association website belongs to the UK-registered charity of the same name. The aim of the Association is to promote interest in poets whose subject is the experience of war, and also in the historical context of their lives and works. The charity does not confine its interest to one period or nationality, but as it states on the site: "the primary focus [is] on conflicts since 1914". The site gives short biographies of a number of poets (mainly from the First and Second World Wars) as well as: short introductions to major conflicts; news on publications and events rela…
- War Poets Association : David Jones
- A biography written for the War Poets Society website.
These resource summaries © The Intute Consortium.