"In the News" web sites
68 online resources. This is page 4 of 7.
- Poem from the Western Front unearthed
- A poem by an unknown World War One soldier from Epping while he served on the Western Front in 1916 has been unearthed. It was published in the West Essex Gazette, a forerunner of the Epping Forest Guardian. (2008)
- Poem of the week : In the Trenches
- 'Two trench poems from Isaac Rosenberg that are as dazzling as they are imperfect', by Carol Rumens, from a blog in The Guardian (Nov 2008).
- Poets and patriots : Guardian Unlimited Books
- 'The verse of the two world wars reveals a changing idea of what is worth fighting for' by Roy Hattersley (July 2007).
- Pupils learn about Great War
- BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008) : Primary school pupils in Chatham have been using animation to learn about former pupil Richard 'Monty' Daniel who fell on the battlefields of the Somme.
- Reflecting on the losses of WWI
- BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008) : Three generations of the Greeve family reflect on World War I and what it means to remember those who died.
- Remembering Private Ellison
- BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008) : Michael Palin reads the war record of Private George Edwin Ellison, the last British soldier killed in World War I.
- Remembering the horror of Verdun
- BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008) : Robert Hall visits Verdun, in Eastern France, the site of the longest battle of World War One.
- Remembering WWI: The greatest honour came after death
- Edinburgh Evening News (Nov 2008)
- Remembrance at Royal Albert Hall
- A BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008).
- Retracing WWI footsteps
- BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008) : A BBC Radio Leicester presenter retraces the footsteps of a relative who served in World War I.
These resource summaries © The Intute Consortium.