"In the News" web sites
68 online resources. This is page 6 of 7.
- The grandfather we never knew
- BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008) : Marie and Catherine visit the grave of Private George Ellison, the last British soldier killed in World War I.
- The Poet Laureate meets a 110-year-old survivor of the trenches
- By Andrew Motion, in The Mirror (Nov 2008).
- The six brothers fought in WWI
- BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008) : Andrew Grant tells the story of the six brothers who all fought in the Great War - one was killed and the rest came back.
- Time to recall champions who left the playing field for the battlefield
- 'Sporting heroes' - Mark Souster (Times Online, Nov 2008) 'journeys to the First World War front lines of France and Belgium to discover stories of the sportsmen whose lives were cut short here.' Article illustrated with photographs by Graham Hughes.
- Times Higher Education : From no man's land to a people's memorial
- Olga Wojtas, Scotland Editor, tours The Great War Archive (a digital archive of First World War material compiled by members of the public), July 2008.
- Tour of Armistice exhibition
- BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008) : To commemorate the 90th anniversary of the Armistice, the Imperial War Museum in London is staging an exhibition telling personal stories from World War I.
- Tour of Fort Douaumont
- BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008) : Historian Christina Holstein takes a tour of Fort Douaumont, near Verdun in France, to show the remaining gun turrets and cupolas.
- Tunnels of Vimy Ridge
- A BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008).
- Veteran's daughter's memories
- BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008) : To mark Remembrance Day a World War I veteran's daughter has spoken about her memories.
- War love letters go on show
- BBC News film-clip (Nov 2008) : Ninety years after the Armistice, moving love letters to a soldier killed during World War I have gone on show.
These resource summaries © The Intute Consortium.