"Prose and Poetry" web sites
87 online resources. This is page 9 of 9.
- Video of poetry reading by Brian Turner
- Reading at Bookshop Santa Cruz featuring poets Brian Turner (Sept 2008).
- War Poet
- War Poet (WarPoet.ca) is a Canadian Forces Artist Program project. Through text, audio, images, video and contributions by Canada's military personnel, warpoet.ca examines and records the contemporary Canadian war experience.
- War Poet [Brian Turner]
- From The New Yorker (Nov 2005) by Dana Goodyear.
- War Poetry : Especially poetry of the First World War, and background information
- A website bringing together information and links to further resources to do with the key war poets including Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, their poems (with notes), and the various published war poetry anthologies.
- War, Heroism and Humanity in the Novels of Michael Morpurgo, by Professor Jean Webb, University of Worcester
- A transcript of a paper delivered by Prof. Webb about some of the themes evident in Morpurgo's children's books about the First World War including War Horse and Private Peaceful.
- Wartime friendship takes centre stage
- A local newspaper article about the Rowan Tree Theatre Company tour of 'Not About Heroes', a play which tells of the remarkable relationship between poets Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon who met at Craiglockhart Military Hospital during the First World War. (2008)
- Words of war
- An ITV news website which 'charts the course of the war through the writings, letters and poetry of British combatants, painting a moving picture emphasising the need for remembrance', includes videos of Andrew Motion, Richard Holmes, John Hegley, and current servicemen and others, reading from memoirs and poetry.
These resource summaries © The Intute Consortium.