Postcards of German graves at Citadel of Dinant
To view other similar items in the archive click on the hyper-linked words below.
|Title||Postcards of German graves at Citadel of Dinant|
|Notes||Photographs of Dinant: 'Monument erected over the Citadel at Dinant by the Germans to commemorate its capute in 1914. The graves of the German soldiers lie in three circles round the monument.' |
Part of the photograph and scrap album of Revd. Leonard Thomas Pearson, Army Chaplain's Department (attached No. 44 Casualty Clearing Station), discovered in a skip and deposited with the Bodlian Library. Revd. Pearson was interviewed by Lyn Macdonald for her book 'The Roses of No Man's Land', which contains two extracts and a photograph.
|Item Date||1914 - 1918|
|Item medium||Photographic paper|
|Copyright||The Great War Archive, University of Oxford / Primary Contributor|
|Digital repository||The Great War Archive, University of Oxford|
|Contributor Name||Stuart Lee|
|Contributed on the behalf of||P Vainker|