Photographs and letters and articles concerning D.S.C.Watson
To view other similar items in the archive click on the hyper-linked words below.
|Author||Watson, David Scott Chalmers|
|Subject||Watson, David Scott Chalmers|
|Title||Photographs and letters and articles concerning D.S.C.Watson|
|Notes||David Scott Chalmers Watson M.C. Enlisted as a Private Royal Scots and commissioned into the Royal Engineers where he won his Military Cross|
1. Letter: Beaumont Hammel appeal
2. Morayshire Roll of Honour. David S.C. Watson
3. Four phographs. Cologne 1919
(Army of Occupation).
Lt. Watson cente of group front row.
4. New recruits. Pvt. Watson 2nd from right.
5. Pvt Watson. Wearing Territorial Imperial Service Badge
Territorials enlist for home service,
most volunteered in 1914 to go overseas.
Hence the badge.
6. Lt Watson
7. 29th Division 'Gallant Conduct' notification
8. Newspaper report of M.C.
9. WFA letter concerning his C.O.
10. Citation for M.C.
11. OUTSTANDING character reference a.
12. Character reference b.
13. Cpl Watson. Middle Row 3rd left. The child is Scott Sutherland who as an adult sculpted the Speen Bridge Commando Memorial.
14. M.o D. Letter showing service
15. Watson rear row 4th from left
16. WFA letter of service
|Item Date||1914 - 2005|
|Copyright||The Great War Archive, University of Oxford / Primary Contributor|
|Digital repository||The Great War Archive, University of Oxford|
|Contributor Name||Everett Sharp (Edinburgh Library Submission Day 4th June 2008)|
|Contributed on the behalf of||Michael Watson|