3. Requesting the creation of a mailing list
If the ownership and subject matter conditions are met (see above), send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. The message must contain the following information:
- List name
- Your preferred name for the list. The list name should be meaningful to other members of the University i.e. not initials. If it is a college list of any sort, the college must be identifiable.
- List Name Characters
- The name must start with a letter and be made up from the following set of characters:
- The Single Sign-On (SSO) username to own the list
- The username to be used to manage the list via http://maillist.ox.ac.uk/. Other SSO usernames can be added as Managers by the List Owner.
When your list is created a mail alias will be created which will redirect all mail sent to the list owner to you. For example, if your list was called mylist then any mail sent to email@example.com would be passed on to the email account of the list owner.