The main purpose of the Antivirus Service is to provide antivirus and related software, together with appropriate information, to members of the University and registered IT Support Staff (ITSS). It works in collaboration with various parties, particularly the Help Centre.
The Antivirus Service is managed by the ICT Support Team (ICTST) on behalf of OUCS.
- Manage distribution of preconfigured Sophos client software to members of the Collegiate University via appropriate mechanisms (currently https).
- Manage distribution of full range of Sophos software to registered ITSS via appropriate mechanisms (currently download via https).
- Assist the Help Centre with more complex or unusual antivirus problems. Most antivirus support for the Collegiate University members is provided by the Help Centre or local IT Support Staff; ITSS can also refer queries direct to Sophos.
- Manage the provision of information on Sophos Antivirus and related issues as appropriate via web pages, seminars, talks, email etc. to ITSS.
- Advise registered Sophos users of major software releases via the mailing list.
2.1 The Sophos Antivirus client software and related web pages are generally available for download or viewing as appropriate at all times. Other aspects of the service are normally available during working hours (Monday to Friday, 09:0017:00).
2.2 The service aims to make regular monthly updates of Sophos clients that do not automatically update available for download by ITSS within five working days of Sophos making the software available. Sophos software that is updated infrequently will generally be made available for download within a month of the new version being released.
2.7 Information on the Sophos client, and related security information, is provided at http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/viruses/.
2.8 Information for ITSS is provided at http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/viruses/itss/.
2.10 Major software updates and news items will be reported to registered ITSS via email@example.com.
2.12 Problems downloading or unpacking software should be reported via the normal help channels (http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/help/request.xml).
3.1 Clients installing and using Sophos software must abide by the terms and conditions of the Sophos licence agreements; in particular, clients must uninstall all copies of Sophos software from personal systems if they leave the Collegiate University.
3.2 ITSS installing Sophos products on Collegiate University systems must register a count of all systems where Sophos is installed against an appropriate software card via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.