5. Calls to Conventional Land-lines and Cell-phones
To communicate from a PC or VoIP handset to a conventional (non-IP or PSTN) phone, you will need to subscribe to a commercial service that provides this facility. Some examples are listed below - note that inclusion in this list does not imply any official recommendation or endorsement whatsoever by Oxford University.
- BT Communicator - call convential phones from your PC
- BT Broadband Talk - make VoIP calls via an ordinary handset plugged into your own broadband connection
- Vonage - call conventional phones from your PC or Mac
- Some other suppliers are listed on the voip.org.uk web site.