The following instructions apply to to using the Eduroam wireless service on Nokia n770 and n800 Internet Tablets. If you have general questions or need other assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If using the n800 with the OS2008 software and updates you may wish to use the Nokia n810 instructions
- Firstly, you will need to tell the device to trust the
AddTrust External CA Rootfor wireless access. From the applications menu, select
- Launch the
[Certificate Manager], and then Select the
- Scroll down until you find
AddTrust External CA Root, and select
- You should see details of the
AddTrust External CA Rootcertificate. Select the
- Select the check box to indicate that you trust the
AddTrust External CA Rootfor use with WLAN, then hit the
- Return to the
[Applications]menu and select
- Load the menu (the button is at the left of the tab headed "Connection Manager"),
New. The connection setup wizard should launch.
- Tap "Next", name the
eduroam) and select the
WLANusing the radio button. Hit
- Allow it to scan for WLAN networks. Select
[eduroam](assuming it's listed), then
- Fill in the
- Then the
- You will be prompted for username and password; Enter your Remote Access account username
followed by @ox.ac.uk (e.g
email@example.com, in this example,
firstname.lastname@example.org) and your Remote Access password (as set via https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/self/remote_access).
Finishand close the dialog boxes.
- Now select the connection and attempt to connect to eduroam. This doesn't always seem to work first time, so try to connect again if you are unsuccessful.
Users must abide by the user use agreement a copy of which is available at:http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/statutes/regulations/196-052.shtml