1. Auto-configuration of Thunderbird 3
- Install and start the program (for details, see the Mozilla Thunderbird website)
- Click on the
Create a new accountoption on the start screen
Mail Account Setupopens
- In the
Mail Account Setupbox, enter:
- Your name: Your name as you wish it to appear on your messages
- Email address: Your Nexus email address, for example
- Password: Your Oxford Single Sign-On password
- Remember password Leaving this un-ticked means you have to enter your password when you open the email program (safer option).
- The program will now try to configure itself
- Click on the
Stopbutton to stop the process (or leave it to fail - the end result is the same). Once the automatic configuration has been stopped or failed, you can edit the settings of the account
- Check that the settings in the top part of the
Mail Account Setupwindow are correct. If not, click on
Start overand enter the correct details:
- Now enter the following settings manually in the lower part of the
Mail Account Setupwindow:
- User name: Your Oxford Single Sign-On username, for
- In some instances the automatic search still fails to find the correct settings. If this happens please follow the manual configuration instructions instead.
- When the program has found the settings, press
Create Accountbutton. Thunderbird will now create the new account and fetch your emails for you to read. N.B. using IMAP setting also leaves all your mail on the Nexus server.
Once you have completed account configuration, you may wish to tweak your settings to work with Nexus more efficiently.